Lost driving license and no number, get it this way: Do you know if our driving license is lost and we have to apply for another duplicate driving license then we have to write our driving license no. Now we don’t even have that number and we don’t keep a single copy of our old driving license, what to do in such a situation! If you want to know how to apply online for duplicate driving license at home and also how to find driving license number, we will tell you completely in the article.
Lost driving license and no number, get it this way
Every driver in India needs to have a driving licence. Without this document you are not allowed to drive in the country. If you lose your driving licence, you will have to apply for a duplicate one to be able to drive.
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence?
According to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is compulsory to have a driving licence and driving without this legal document is subject to severe consequences.
So, what happens when your original driving licence is lost or stolen?
Don’t worry! You can easily get a duplicate copy against your lost driving licence from your Regional Transport Office (RTO).
However, before applying for a duplicate copy against your stolen or lost driving licence, make sure to check all document requirements to help expedite this process.
Who Can Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence?
You can only get a duplicate driving licence if your original one is lost or destroyed, torn or completely written up, and the photograph attached to your licence requires replacement.
Those who did not have an original driver’s licence in the first place need to get it issued by the RTO or Regional Transport Authority (RTA).
It generally takes three weeks to dispatch a DL after you apply for a lost driving licence, especially if all required documents are submitted properly. However, meanwhile, you can also use your payment receipt for your daily commute.
Documents required for Duplicate Driving License
FIR Copy (compulsory after filing complaint)
Address proof (any one)
- Electricity bill
- Bank statement
- aadhar card
- Election card
How Much Is the Cost for a Duplicate Driving Licence?
Generally, you need to pay Rs.200 to get a duplicate copy of a lost driving licence. However, those looking for a smart card need to spend Rs.400 for the same.
You must be well aware that a driver’s licence serves a lot of purposes, including being an identity proof. So, applying for a duplicate one immediately should be your first step to meet such requirements as well as avoid legal complications. Make sure to keep the aforementioned points in mind before you fill the LLD form.
How to Apply Online for Duplicate Driving License?
- We again go to Saarathi Transport website or click here
- Then, enter your driving license number and date of birth and click on the proceed button
- Then check that your driving license details will appear there and click on the confirm button
- There, enter the mobile number on which you want to apply and enter the OTP and click next
- Then select Issue of duplicate DL and click on proceed button
- Reason for duplicate license has to be written there. And you can also print the acknowledgment print and the form.
- That’s it! After taking both these prints you have to go to RTO to get duplicate driving license.
Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence Offline
Follow these simple steps to collect your duplicate DL from the RTO.
Step 1: Visit the Regional Transport Office and submit the LLD form after providing relevant details.
Step 2: Make sure to attach all the documents along with that form and submit them.
Step 3: Pay the duplicate driving licence fees and do not forget to collect the payment receipt. You can use it until you receive the driving licence at your registered address.
While access to internet facilities enables you to obtain a duplicate driving licence online and from the comfort of your home, the offline process is equally easy and hassle-free. However, make sure to obtain adequate information regarding the document requirements and cost for duplicate license before visiting the RTO.
How to find driving license number?
- First you go to Sarathi Transport website or click here
- There, you have to select your state
- In which you click on apply online on the left side
- There click on find application number option. Or click here
- Then, you have to select the state and RTO.
- After that you have to enter your name and date of birth.
- Then enter the captcha code so the application you made will show there with the date and click on the get detail button next to any application.
- If you enter the OTP there, your driving license number will appear in the reference license number.
Now we will know how to apply online for duplicate driving license after checking the driving license number;
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
What is the validity of a duplicate driving licence?
The validity will be the same as your original driving licence.
Should you undergo a driving test again to acquire a duplicate driving licence?
No, if the expiration date of your driving licence has not passed yet, you will not be required to undergo a driving test again to get a duplicate DL.